Subaru debuts two new concept cars at Tokyo Auto Salon
Feb 25, 2022
Tokyo, January 14, 2022 – Subaru Corporation and its motorsport subsidiary, Subaru Tecnica International Inc. (STI), have revealed two electric concept models, the STI E-RA CONCEPT and SOLTERRA STI CONCEPT, at the Tokyo Auto Salon 2022 held from January 14 to 16 at the Makuhari Messe convention center.
STI E-RA CONCEPT SOLTERRA STI CONCEPT
The STI E-RA CONCEPT is a concept model of the STI E-RA electric race car being developed under STI’s near-future motorsport study project, the STI E-RA CHALLENGE PROJECT, launched with the aim of gathering experience with new technologies in the world of motorsports for the carbon-neutral era.
The SOLTERRA STI CONCEPT is based on the Solterra all-electric SUV which made its world debut in November 2021. Featuring a roof spoiler, cherry-red under spoilers, and other special parts on its exterior, the model inspires Subaru’s superior driving dynamics.
Exhibit vehicles list:
- Subaru Tecnica International Inc Unveils the Near-future Motorsport EV Concept (January 14, 2022) https://www.sti.jp/en/news/detail/2201140en
- 2022 SUBARU Motorsport Activities (January 14, 2022)
- Subaru Announces Lineup for Tokyo Auto Salon 2022 (December 23, 2021)
- Subaru wins its first-ever Super GT title with all-new Subaru BRZ GT300 in Japan (December 1, 2021) https://www.subaru.co.jp/news-en/2021_12_01_090207/
- Subaru’s First Global All-Electric Vehicle SOLTERRA Makes World Debut (November 11, 2021) https://www.subaru.co.jp/news-en/2021_11_11_173924/